Fabric and textiles surround us — from our clothing to our carpets. Color, pattern, texture and design affect both our mood and our wallets.
Everyone has fabric scraps. They are in clothes that no longer fit, or draperies that are being replaced. As a frugal homemaker you can take these scraps and make items of value.
Out of the many, many ways to use fabric, here are some ideas to turn fabric scraps into fabric assets:
- Making quilts is the number one use for old scraps of fabric.
- Potpourri Sachets are an easy task.
- You can make potholders, napkins, place mats, table runners, and even tablecloths when necessary.
- You can use fabric for both fabric art and decoupage.
- Fabric scraps can be used for wrapping presents.
- Or, cut out shapes from the design of the fabric and use them to decorate gifts wrapped in plain brown paper.
- Fabric scraps can be used in crafts for home accessories. Make everything from picture frames, checkbooks, album covers, eyeglass cases, and book covers, to bowls.
- Christmas Ornaments out of fabric scraps look great!
- Lay pieces of fabric on the bottom of gift baskets and picnic baskets to make them more decorative.
- Use your fabric scraps to make dolls and doll clothes.
- Use them to make stuffed toys.
- You can make darling aprons with appliqués and give them as presents.
- Heavier fabrics can be used for small upholstery projects, such as covering chair seats.
- Use your scraps to cover craft cardboard boxes, and to line the inside. Or use shoe boxes. These decorated boxes are great for open storage areas.
- Make duffel bags for your children’s laundry.
- Make protective dust covers for toasters, sewing machines, and other small appliances — again a gift idea.
- Warm up your home office/work rooms by covering office accessories with bits of fabric. Fabric always softens a room, and is a major plus if you are trying to achieve a home office with a bit of femininity.
Using fabric to decorate a room is an inexpensive way to add color, pattern and charm. Use fabric to soften a room, add romance, and give a room a finished feel. Fabric can be used in any room style, and on any budget! Follow these great guidelines for using fabric in home decorating without breaking your budget!Incoming search terms: fabric craft, fabric, scrap fabric projects, fabric scraps, scrap fabric crafts, fabric scrap crafts, fabric pictures, fabric scraps crafts, crafts with fabric scraps, diy decorating